City Utilities

Water, sewage, and garbage are utilities managed by the City.  Applications for utility services can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. Forms can also be obtained at City Hall during normal business hours.

Utility Billing Changes Coming!

Effective February 1, 2022, the City of Archer City will be rolling out changes to our red tag and disconnect policies.  


Prior policy allowed for past due accounts to be paid no later than the 15th of the following month or the account was subject to disconnection. Starting February 1st, 2022, the City will begin processing disconnects on the 1st of the month for accounts not paid by the end of the previous month. We will also no longer provide payment extensions for late payments.

Going forward, if the City terminates service for non-payment, we will immediately final the account and apply the deposit. What that means is that in order to reconnect, the City will require the entire balance owed on the account, paperwork for new service, and a new deposit, which will increase to $300.00 based on past payment history. Failure to reconnect to City services in a timely manner may result in citations being issued. 

We encourage everyone who is not current at this time to prepare for the upcoming changes before they take effect.

Residential Application for Service 
Commercial Application for Service
Service Agreement 

Frequently asked questions about City utilities:

How do I apply for utility services?
To apply for residential or commercial services, fill out an application and service agreement (see the links above) and return them to City Hall.  You may also come by City Hall and complete the forms.  Two forms of identification, (Driver License or I.D. Card and Social Security Card) and a deposit will be required to activate a utility account.  

How much is a water deposit?
Residential deposits for home owners - $100.00; Residential deposits for tenants - $150.00; Residential deposits for poor credit history; Commercial deposits - $300.00. 

Do I have to have garbage services?
Water, garbage, and sewer are basic services, and all accounts must have all three services.  The City of Archer City contracts with IESI for garbage collection and disposal. 

When are bills due?
Utility bills are mailed on or about the first of the month and are due by the 15th. Any balance not paid by the due date will be assessed a 10% late fee. 

What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, checks, and money orders.  You also have the option to have your monthly bill drafted from your account on the 15th of the month. We offer online payments through the City website at
Click on the link View/Pay ebills on the homepage. A 3% convenience fee will be added to your payment. You may also pay by credit/debit card in City Hall or over the phone. City Hall is open, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.  For your convenience, a drop box is located to the right of the front door of the City Hall.  Mail payments to City Hall, PO Box 367, Archer City, TX 76351.

What happens if my water is disconnected for non-payment?
Effective February 1, 2022 if your services are disconnected for non-payment, services will be restored upon payment of the entire balance plus a $25.00 service fee.  An entire application for new service plus a $300.00 deposit will also be required.

What if I did not receive a bill?
Failure to receive a bill does not relieve the customer of the obligation for payment or the consequences of non-payment.  If you have not received a bill by the 5th of each month, please contact City Hall immediately at 940-574-4570. 

What do I do if I suspect a leak? 
If you suspect you have a leak, turn off all water in your house.  DO NOT TURN OFF THE MASTER VALVE IN YOUR METER BOX.  Record the reading on your meter.  Do not use any water in your home for one hour.  Recheck your meter reading after one hour.  The reading should be identical to the reading recorded earlier.  If it is higher, you have a leak. It is your responsibility to have the leak fixed. 

Are there any other responsibilities as a City water user?
It is the customer’s responsibility at the time service is turned on to insure all leaks have been detected and hydrants and faucets are turned off.  It is also the customer’s responsibility to abide by the terms in the Service Agreement, and install and maintain an appropriate backflow prevention device. 

What is a backflow prevention device?
A backflow prevention device is used to protect water supplies from contamination or pollution.  They can be picked up at either of the local hardware stores, Oilfield Service and Equipment or Davis Supply. 

How do I report an emergency? 
In the case of a water leak, sewer backup, or any other water related emergency, please contact City Hall at 940-574-4570.  To report an emergency after hours, call 940-574-4621. 

City of Archer City, Texas -- (940) 574-4570 -- 118 S. Sycamore Street